Effective leadership is an essential ingredient of every successful anesthesia department, and the anesthesia teams managed by Somnia have always embodied this principle. We are committed to selecting a seasoned chief of anesthesia with strong clinical leadership experience for every hospital anesthesia department in our coast-to-coast network. For facilities and departments that have clinicians they feel might be chief material, we have a variety of ways to train, educate and mentor motivated individuals.
A Team Approach is the Best Approach
Whether home-grown or one of our own, the chief of anesthesia is a fully integrated member of your OR team and collaborates with hospital administrators to provide optimal staffing and scheduling, excellent quality measures, and high patient and surgeon satisfaction. We also appoint an on-site anesthesia department administrator dedicated to your facility, who will work closely with the chief of anesthesia and your OR manager. Our aim is to appoint leaders who align with you and support the hospital’s goals for quality, growth and customer satisfaction.
Somnia’s on-site leadership team will address every clinical and administrative detail of the anesthesia department, including:
- Overseeing anesthesia quality assurance, peer review and satisfaction programs
- Stewardship of budget and resource allocation
- Advocate for utilization optimization
- Helping to manage the OR Board
- Creating an efficient check-in and registration process
- Supervising the pre-anesthesia testing center
- Establishing acute-pain protocols
- Actively participating in hospital committee meetings
- Formulating monitoring standards
- Assisting with the development and implementation of sedation guidelines
- Collaborating with the nursing staff to develop patient education materials
Somnia’s seasoned executive management team will take an active role in supporting the on-site leadership team at your facility. Our chief medical officer and vice presidents of medical affairs, quality and operations all serve as accessible resources to the anesthesia team and your facility. In addition, a dedicated account manager makes periodic on-site visits to update key stakeholders on the performance of the team and address any concerns.
Questions? We have answers.
To discuss your current and future anesthesia needs with our experienced staff, please call us at 877-795-5788, or use our Request A Proposal form to tell us about your requirements.