- Somnia manages anesthesia services for hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and office-based surgical practices in more than 13 states, with more than 500 anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists in its clinical network.
- The company has one of the largest in-house anesthesia management infrastructures in the U.S., with 150 administrative and practice management professionals nationwide.
- Somnia maintains a national database of thousands of MDs and CRNAs, and has experience working with more than 200 payers throughout the country.
- The company’s market-leading Clinical Quality Excellence program consistently achieves above 90 percent “Very Satisfied” ratings among surgeons and patients, and ranks among the top anesthesia providers in several other important performance measures.
- A thought leader in the field, Somnia is a pioneer in the use of the anesthesia care team (physicians and CRNAs) to administer anesthesia.
Achievements and Awards
- The first office-based ambulatory services practice to receive Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare (AAAHC) accreditation
- The first anesthesia-only organization to be named a Patient Safety Organization (PSO) by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- The first anesthesia-only national practice management company to participate in the Anesthesia Quality Institute’s National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry
- Member of the Anesthesia Quality Institute’s Advisory Council
- Our practices are 100% certified by The Joint Commission for healthcare staffing services
- Modern Healthcare magazine’s list of “Healthcare’s Hottest for 2012 and 2013”
- Named by Crain’s New York Business to the 2012 “Fast 50” list of the fastest-growing companies in the New York metropolitan area
- An Accountable Anesthesia Organization®.
2015 - Gold, "The Five Rs of Anesthesia Delivery" infographic
2014 - Honorable Mention, "HealthLeaders Outsourcing Advertorial"
2014 - Gold, "HFMA Subsidy Advertorial"
2014 - Honorable Mention, "Somnia by the Numbers" infographic
2016 - Gold, Anesthesia's Value & Impact Infographic
2015 - Gold, Professional Recruitment Advertising
2014 - Gold, Best Website
2013 - Gold, Best Brochure Advertising
eHealthcare Leadership Awards
2015 - Silver, Best Internet Site
2014 - Platinum, Best Internet Site
2013 - Gold, Best Internet Site
31st Annual HMR Healthcare Advertising Awards
2012 - Silver, "Somnia Leadership Retreat"
Hermes Creative Awards
2016 - Gold, Business Development Brochure
2015 - Gold, "A Hospital's Guide to Evauating Anesthesia Services" infographic
2012 - Silver, Sales Brochure
The 20th Annual Communicator Awards
2016 - Silver, Somnia Brochure
Award of Distinction - Best Website / Healthcare Services